Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Prim Penny Pincher: Coty Airspun Powder

As displayed in my $42 eyeliner post below, beauty ain’t cheap. But it’s not always expensive, either. Like everyone else, I’m constantly trying to splurge with smarts and scrimp with discretion.

So when I recently needed some flaw-covering face powder for a new headshot (reason to be revealed in a later post), I remembered being 15 and walking the aisles of my local drugstore with my friend Melissa, who was a model then and is now. She picked up the Coty Airspun Powder and told me it was a great way to set your makeup.

Too intimidated to ask what that meant, I marveled over the sweet smell and pretty, retro box.

Melissa bought it, deeming Coty the absolute height of sophistication. We ran home to apply, and as she dabbed my face with a giant poufy brush, I felt like an elegant adult.

Last week, I picked up a brand new batch ($7) and as I applied it, the magic happened again. But this time I felt like a flawless, carefree kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment