Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Prim Penny Pincher: Bow Print Sweater

I'm always attracted to clothes that are wildly out of my age range. The majority fall into the "granny" category, because grannies are quirky, have the kind of costume jewelry you can't get anywhere, and like supportive shoes (For proof, check out the NYT feature on Ari Seth Cohen's blog, Advanced Style).

But while I was browsing clearance sweaters at Target, I came across the most adorable girls' bow print sweater for only $5.24. It would be so perfect for early spring with shorts and low pumps. I think I'm going to order a large and hope it looks stylishly shrunken.

If you like the look but not the idea of squeezing into kids' clothes (or failing and giving the sweater up to your niece), Forever 21 has a cute option for $19.80.
And TopShop has a pricier version for $60.

1 comment: