Friday, March 12, 2010

Prim Knickers Goes to Forks (Sort of)

It's pouring all weekend in Brooklyn so the roommie and I made the best of it with the new documentary, Twilight in Forks. It's a nice slow story about how Stephanie Meyer single-handedly improved the fate of real, rainy Forks, Washington by basing Twilight there.

You won't find anything groundbreaking or even supernatural, but seeing interviews with people living in the real, idyllic place that's described so well in Meyer's fiction does sort of take the edge off that need to recreate the rush of reading the books.

I know that's a little insane, but it is the motivation behind my minor obsession, and probably everyone else's. Plus the withdrawal has gotten worse after seeing the new Eclipse trailer this week. We love a good story and we want more, plain and simple.


My antidote: Imagining what I'd wear if it were a rainy day in Forks instead of Brooklyn, and I was Bella, meeting Edward (or Jacob) for some extremely significant hand-holding.


Umbrella: $17 target.com
Trench: $78 ardenb.com
Leggings: $14 khols.com
Dress: $100 topshop.com
Scarf: $8 tillys.com
Wellies: $48 urbanoutfitters.com
Camera bag: $17 ebay.com

P.S. if you want more wellies, check out my picks at iVillage!

1 comment:

  1. I soo want a clear dome umbrella!!!


    http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete