Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Prim Wish: Jason Wu for Madame Alexander

At 6, I told my mom that I would one day sew myself a life-size replica of Barbie's Peaches n' Cream dress and wear it always. So I was wrong about the timelessness and versatility of peach chiffon, but looking to my dolls for fashion inspiration wasn't the worst idea I've had.

Veteran doll stylist turned life-size designer Jason Wu unveiled his collection of reimagined Cissy dolls for Madame Alexander this week. I want them all, including my-size versions of their clothes, which I will unfortunately not be sewing. I vastly overestimated my adult sewing skills.

These poseable little ladies (16") won't be available until August, but feast your eyes in the meantime.






2 comments:

  1. I love every single piece--except the hand-hat on the second doll. It looks like something went horribly wrong in a game of duck-duck-goose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha. It reminds me of a scene in Beetle Juice where Catherine O'Hara has two opera gloves tied around her head as a headband.

    ReplyDelete