Monday, April 5, 2010

Prim Pairing: Black and Gold

I spent the long, wonderful weekend visiting loved ones. I should note; My number of loved ones seems to rise exponentially every few months. Not long ago one niece was toddling around and now there are four small humans in my circle, all under the age of 4.

They are adorable and gooey and gloriously riotous. They are joyful and sweet and passionate about everything, even socks. They are loud and require constant vigilance. They sometimes organize coups.

I want some of my own, eventually, and sometimes very poignantly. Whenever I get those achy feelings I tend to look over at my cat and wonder, guiltily, if she's enough. Then she'll do that thing where she flops over so I'll rub her belly, and I remember that she's plenty.



During one of this weekend's more brilliant uprisings--a youth-led ban on the institution of bathing--I wondered what warm, fuzzy, soundless thing she was doing at home. Her eyes are hypnotic gold, and her favorite spot in the house is a yellow-gold chair that nearly matches them. I'm deferring to her natural fashion sense for this post: elegant black and gold animal accessories.
Fox brooch: $45, farfetch.com
Owl ring: $13.50, etsy.com
Rabbit necklace: $21, etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment